Who we are
Our website address is: https://truckpowered.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
This website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means we may get paid commission on sales of products or services that we recommend in our articles. Our content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising
We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that provides a way for us to earn commission fees when linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Suggested text: Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Privacy Disclosure and User Rights for Data Collection and Processing
This notice describes how we collect and process your data, including its association with information collected by Google Analytics on our website and/or app (collectively, the “Platform”).
Types of Data We Collect:
- Personal Information: This may include your name, email address, IP address, device information, browsing history on our Platform, and interactions with our content and services.
- Visitation Information: Google Analytics automatically collects information about your visits, such as pages viewed, time spent, referral links, and click-through data.
Data Use and Purposes:
- We use your data to personalize your experience, improve our Platform, provide you with relevant content and offers, analyze website and app usage, and for marketing and advertising purposes (subject to your consent).
- Google Analytics uses visitation information to generate reports and insights for us, but does not access or share your personal information.
Data Sharing and Storage:
- We may share your personal information with third-party service providers who help us operate our Platform and fulfill your requests. These providers are contractually obligated to protect your data and use it only for authorized purposes.
- Google stores your visitation information on its secure servers, but does not share it with us in a way that identifies you personally.
- We retain your data for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
- You have the right to access, rectify, erase, restrict processing, and object to the processing of your personal data.
- You can withdraw your consent to data collection and processing at any time.
- You can also exercise your right to data portability, which allows you to receive your data in a format that is transferable to another controller.
How to Exercise Your Rights:
- You can exercise your rights by contacting us through [insert contact information, e.g., email, privacy form link].
- We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies:
Changes to this Notice:
- We may update this notice from time to time. We will notify you of any material changes before they become effective.
Questions and Contact:
- If you have any questions about this notice or our data practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.